I'm not sure about you, but I love reading blogs. So I figured that this little corner of the internet would be a good place to share photography, inspiration, and a little bit of my life as well. Since I'm pretty new to the photography world I thought I'd share some things with you all that you won't know from reading my About Me page.
1. I hate the sound of Velcro ripping. To me there is nothing worse than hearing Velcro being ripped. I don't think I own anything that has Velcro on in to make sure I never have to encounter this horrible noise. When I was in high school, people would rip Velcro in front of me to see my reaction. It's priceless I'm sure
2. I didn't sit in a chair at the dinner table as a child. I would fall out of my chair every time we sat down for a meal, so I would just stand and eat meals. My grandmother thought that was the strangest thing ever.
3. I have a dance I call my "free bird dance". Which is exactly what it sounds like. I used to do it in high school when I felt "free" aka after a big swim meet, the end of finals, at graduation. I have continued to do it, but it's a rarity these days.
4. I am a recovering quitter. I was talking to my mom just the other day, and she said, "I'm glad you found something that you like enough to not quit" I literally couldn't stick to one thing when I was growing up. I played like 5 instruments, danced, swam, did everything under the sun but couldn't commit. However, I feel like once I realized my strengths and what I was good at, I stopped caring about the things I felt like I needed to do.
5. I am horrible at spelling, grammar and the English language (among other languages) . In 5th grade I failed a spelling test, and I had to come home and have my mom sign it to know that I failed. I also failed a French test in middle school, I knew all of the material, but I just didn't know how to spell any of it. My mom still laughs at all of this today, thank goodness that she looked past my weaknesses and saw my strengths.
6. Even though I don't like language, I love to read. I constantly am reading a different book and I love to get lost in a good fiction book, or learn from a biography. My current fave: The Magnolia Story.
7. My sister and I used to tell people that I was switched at the hospital. I don't really look like anyone in my family, and so we one time convinced some guys in our youth group that I wasn't actually part of the family, but was switched at the hospital. Fun times!
8. I have an entire drawer of candles. This might actually not come as much of a surprise. However I am making a resolution that I must burn all of them before buying another one. I just don't have room for them anymore!
9. I ran a half marathon...and I'm planning on running another one soon. A lot of people might not actually know that I tolerate running, to the point of actually running a half. Even though I'm possibly the least athletic person alive, there is truly no better feeling than crossing that finish line (physically it might be the worst feeling I've ever felt)
10. I dream of traveling the world, but I've never left the country. My sister and I have big plans to explore Europe and see may different places. I also really want to go on a mission trip to Haiti!
So there you go friends, I'm glad I was able to share some things about myself that you probably didn't know! I hope that you are able to get a better look at who I am as a person!